- Looking to save space or weight? Bring a tetrapack of wine. We like Bandit, and they come in 500ml sizes, which is perfect for our recipe.
- Backpacker's tip: Pre-bag all your spices into a single baggie before you head out.
- Slice 1 orange and bag it. Way easier than zesting, juicing, etc.
- Adjust sweetness to your own liking by using honey straws
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ bottle of red wine or 375 ml of Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 orange, sliced and bagged before you head out
- 1 cinnamon stick, placed in a spice bag before you head out
- 2 whole cloves, placed in a spice bag before you head out
- 1 star anise, placed in a spice bag before you head out
- 1 BioLite CampStove
- 1 BioLite KettlePot
image credit: Nigel Law
- Tri-state area: Cold Spring’s Washburn trail runs parallel to the fantastic Breakneck Ridge Trail, but isn’t as crowded or steep. Only 1.4 miles in, you’ll have an amazing lookout from Mount Taurus. Be sure to prepare for a winter hike for this one. Our marketing manager Jim just completed this last weekend, and enjoyed fresh tracks through knee-deep powder.
- New England: The Camel’s Hump State Park near Huntington, Vermont is spectacular this time of year. Be sure to prepare for winter hiking – extra bonus points for carrying that clutch extra layer for your partner.
There you have it – five hikes to get your heartbeat up in any number of ways.
What’s your favorite hike? Take a picture on Instagram and tag #BioLite #Love and you may be featured this weekend!