FirePit Griddle Instructions
- Ensure FirePit Grill-Grate is in place before use.
- Do not overheat with a large fire. A small to medium fire provides plenty of heat to cook.
- When cooking with oil or excess grease, fire extinguishing materials must be accessible. In the event of a grease fire do NOT attempt to extinguish with water. Use a Type BC dry chemical fire extinguisher or smother fire with dirt, sand or baking soda.
- Extend the life of your griddle by following the maintenance instructions below.
Proper seasoning will extend the life of your griddle and provide a non-stick cooking surface. It is ready to use out of the box but additional seasoning will improve the surface over time.
- After cooking, clean with non-metal, non-abrasive brush or sponge with mild soap.
- Wipe all surfaces with a very light amount of vegetable, canola or soybean oil.
- Place over your FirePit burning with a small fire or in a 450F oven.
- Heat for approximately 20 min, the oil will smoke slightly.
- Remove the griddle from the heat with protective mitts and let cool.